How to find out if Google has indexed your blog site

How to find out if Google has indexed your blog site

How to find out if Google has indexed your website

Good afternoon, Hope everyone is having a lovely day. I'm bringing you a short blog post this week as a result of a quick trick I learned. Hope you enjoy :)

I launched my blog site three weeks ago, and I've spent the last few weeks trying to find the best way to optimise my blog site. You can see from my previous blog post the different ways I've optimised content.

Once optimising content, the next step is to make sure Googlebots are crawling and indexing your website. Indexing makes it easier for people to find your blog site. The Kiss metrics blog provides a good breakdown of Googlebots and indexing.

Step 1

Ensure you have a Sitemap because this helps Google to crawl your website. Do you need help creating one? You can create a sitemap in minutes, thanks to these useful tools I've discovered.
Once creating your sitemap add it to your Google Search Console Account.

Step 2:

To see if your site has been indexed by Google or other search engines, enter the URL of your blog site domain with "site:" before it, i.e. "site:nicoladigitalwonderland.blogspot.co.uk". The results show all your site's pages that have been indexed. One thing to note, once launching your website it can take Google up to 4 weeks to crawl an index it.
Please let me know how you get on xox


Comments